United Kingdom Tier 1 Investor Visa
As the world’s fifth-largest economy, with excellent access to Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and North America, the UK, and especially its capital, London, has always attracted high-net-worth people.
The Tier 1 Investor Visa program offers individuals and their families a Residency Permit if they invest the required amount of funds in approved investments.
The Tier 1 Investor category has the shortest residency by investment application processing time among the G8 countries.
TWS Legal Consultants’ immigration lawyers, who are registered with the Dubai Legal Affairs Department, can advise and represent you throughout your UK Tier 1 Investment Visa application. We are a fully digital law firm and can organise appointments via video conferencing if you are based abroad.
What are the Tier 1 Investor Visa Requirements?
To qualify for a Tier 1 Investor Visa, you need to have:
- at least £2 million to invest in the UK, held in a regulated financial institution
- a UK bank account at a regulated bank (if you have not done this, our team can make the necessary bank introductions)
- be at least 18 years old
- proof that the £2 million in investment funds belongs to either you or your spouse, or partner
There is no requirement to speak English to gain a UK Investor Visa; however, you will need to speak English to gain Settlement and British Citizenship.
Note – Although you can purchase a family home, property is not an approved investment for the Tier 1 Investor Visa.
What are the key benefits of a UK Tier 1 Investor Visa?
Living in the UK provides many advantages, including:
- access to some of the best cultural and sporting events and exhibitions in the world
- an attractive tax regime for high net worth investors classed as UK resident, non-domicile individuals
- world-renowned educational institutions, from pre-school to university
- full rights to work and live in the UK
- access to the world’s largest financial hub (City of London)
- robust rule of law and stable government
Can I bring my family with me?
You may bring your dependents (classified as your spouse or partner and any children under 18 years) with you to the UK. They will be able to work and/or study.
Can I obtain British Citizenship on the Tier 1 Investor route?
Once you have a Tier 1 Investor Visa, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the following timeframes:
|Investment Amount||Time Frame|
|£ 2 million||Five years|
|£ 5 million||Three years|
|£ 10 million||Two years|
One year after successfully obtaining Indefinite Leave to Remain, you can apply for British Citizenship.