St. Kitts and Nevis
The beautiful, lush two-island state of St Kitts and Nevis is located in the eastern Caribbean, to the west of Antigua and the south of Anguilla.
Formerly a British colony, St Kitts and Nevis gained its independence in 1983. However, it remains part of the British Commonwealth. The country has a pleasant climate, rainforests, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine – it can genuinely be called a hidden paradise.
St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment programme has been in operation since 1984, thus making it the oldest and most reputable in existence. Foreign investment helps this small nation grow and thrive.
TWS Legal Consultants’ immigration lawyers, who are registered with the Dubai Legal Affairs Department, can advise and represent you on making a St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment application. We are a fully digital law firm and can organise appointments via video conferencing if you are based abroad.
What are the key benefits of a St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme?
Advantages of the St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment programme include:
- no residency requirements
- instant and permanent citizenship
- tax advantages: no inheritance or estate taxes, and no personal income tax
- children under 30 and parents above 55 years old can be included
- solid returns on real estate investments
- the St. Kitts and Nevis passport is the 26th most powerful in the world and provides visa-free or visa-on-arrival entry up to more than 152 countries
- English is the main language
How do I obtain Citizenship by Investment in St. Kitts and Nevis?
Sustainable Growth Fund
In April 2018, St. Kitts and Nevis set up the new Sustainable Growth Fund, with the following minimum contributions required to qualify for the citizenship programme:
- Single applicant: USD 150,000
- Applicant with up to three dependents: USD 195,000
- Additional dependents: USD 10,000 each
Due diligence fees also apply.
Real estate investments
Investing in government approved real estate is another route to Citizenship by Investment. To qualify, you must:
- invest USD 400,000 into a private property and keep it for five years, or
- invest USD 200,000 as partial ownership and retain it for seven years.
Applicable taxes and fees must also be paid.
As at April 2020, government fees are as follows:
- Main applicant: USD 35,050
- Spouse: USD 20,050
- Any other qualifying dependent: USD 10,050
Our experienced team of immigration lawyers can assist you in completing the application form and collating and presenting the necessary documents.
For further details about the St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment programme, please contact us:
Get in touch today to book your complimentary Wills consultation by clicking here with one of our Wills & Estate Inheritance Lawyers. We are happy to help you.