Montenegro is situated on the Balkan Peninsula, in South-Eastern Europe. The official currency is Euro, and the country’s GDP is $11.3 billion.
Montenegro has an attractive coast and a mountainous northern region with over 1.6 million tourists visiting the country annually. Montenegro was ranked 49th out of 188 countries in the 2015 Human Development Index (HDI).
Montenegro’s economic citizenship program allows foreigners to gain citizenship through investment in an approved development project, and a capital contribution to a fund designated by the government for the advancement of under-developed areas.
TWS Legal Consultants’ immigration lawyers, who are registered with the Dubai Legal Affairs Department, can advise and represent you on making a Montenegro Citizenship by Investment application. We are a fully digital law firm and can organise appointments via video conferencing if you are based abroad.
What are the key benefits of the Montenegro Citizenship by Investment programme?
Advantages of the St. Montenegro Citizenship by Investment programme include:
- visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 124 destinations including Europe’s Schengen Area, Russia, and Turkey
- citizenship in a country that is an official EU candidate state
- a multinational and multilingual European country that enjoys a mild Mediterranean climate, beautiful scenery, and a low cost of living
- lowest property prices in Europe.
- family members can be added to the application
- Montenegro is a political and economically stable country, underpinned by a business-oriented government.
What are the investment criteria?
There are the eligible investment routes to gain Citizenship by Investment in Montenegro as follows:
- Minimum investment in development projects approved by the government in an undeveloped area of Montenegro € 250,000; or
- Minimum investment in development projects previously approved by the government in a developed area of Montenegro € 450,000; or
- Minimum investment in a tourism five star hotel projects (construction) starting at € 5 million; or
- Minimum investment in an agriculture project starting at € 2 Million; or
- Minimum investment in a wood processing project starting at € 4 Million; or
- Minimum investment in a Fisheries project starting at € 3.5 Million.
What are the application fees?
As of April 2020, the applicant must deposit € 15,000 for an application for themselves, € 10,000 for up to four family members, and € 50,000 for each additional family member.
Our experienced team of immigration lawyers can assist you in completing the application form and collating and presenting the necessary documents.
For further details about the Montenegro Citizenship by Investment programme, please contact us: