The Republic of Malta is a small archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea that lies between Sicily and the coasts of Libya and Tunisia. The island nation enjoys a stable political climate and has excellent air links.
It has been a member of the EU since 2004, and of the Schengen Area since 2007.
In 2013, the Malta Individual Investor Program (MIIP) was created to provide high-value investors with good moral character an opportunity to obtain Maltese citizenship by making a substantial investment in the country. The MIIP offers people the chance to acquire citizenship in a country that has one of the most reliable, stable economies of the EU and Eurozone.
TWS Legal Consultants’ immigration lawyers, who are registered with the Dubai Legal Affairs Department, can advise and represent you on making a Maltese Citizenship by Investment application. We are a fully digital law firm and can organise appointments via video conferencing if you are based abroad.
What are the key benefits of the Malta Citizenship by Investment Programme?
Because it is part of the European Union, the Maltese Citizenship by Investment programme provides many advantages, including:
- visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to 184 destinations
- the only citizenship program which has visa-free access to the USA
- access to well established EU healthcare systems
- processing is quick, simple, and straightforward
- eligible dependents include spouses, partners, and children below the age of 25, and parents over the age of 55
How do I obtain Citizenship by Investment in Malta?
There are three investment routes to choose from:
National Economic and Social Development Fund
The investor must be at least 18 years old make the following contributions to the National Economic and Social Development Fund.
- Investor € 650,000
- Spouse € 25,000
- Each dependent under 18 years old € 25,000
- Children 18 – 26 (unmarried) € 50,000
- Adult children (physically or mentally challenged) € 50,000
- Buying real estate worth at least € 350,000 and maintaining ownership for five years; or
- leasing a property for five years with a minimum annual rent of € 16,000.
The third option is to invest in bonds, stocks, or debentures to the value of € 150,000.
As of April 2020, the following fees apply:
Due Diligence Fees:
- Principal applicant - € 7,500
- Spouse - € 5,000
- Minor dependents (aged 0-12) - no fee
- Minor dependents (aged 13-17) - € 3,000 each
- Adult dependents - € 5,000 each
Malta Passport Fees
- All candidates - € 500 each
- Per application - € 200
Our experienced team of immigration lawyers can assist you in completing the application form and collating and presenting the necessary documents.
For further details about the Malta Citizenship by Investment programme, please contact us: