Commonwealth of Dominica
The Commonwealth of Dominica has one of the most affordable and dynamic citizenship by investment programmes in the world. The country is known as the “Nature Island of the Caribbean” due to its spectacular natural beauty.
It is blessed with vast rain forests, breath-taking waterfalls, and 365 rivers. Dominica is home to the world’s second-largest thermally active lake and boasts hot and cold sulphur springs with healing properties. Its citizenship by investment programme has been operating since 1993 to help fund government capital spending in education, healthcare, agriculture, and infrastructure. It is the 37th most powerful passport in the world, giving visa- free or visa-on arrival access to more than 135 countries.
TWS Legal Consultants’ immigration lawyers, who are registered with the Dubai Legal Affairs Department, can advise and represent you on making a Commonwealth of Dominica Citizenship by Investment application. We are a fully digital law firm and can organise appointments via video conferencing if you are based abroad.
What are the key benefits of the Commonwealth of Dominica by Investment Programme?
Advantages of the Commonwealth of Dominica Citizenship by Investment programme include:
- citizenship for life
- Dominica recognises dual citizenship
- confidentiality - Dominica does not inform your country of residence of your Dominican citizenship
- you are not obligated to reside in Dominica to maintain your citizenship
- significant privacy and asset protection
- as Commonwealth citizens, your children can access a visa to study and work in the UK
- you can work in any CARICOM member country
- inclusion of dependent parents or grandparents above the age of 55 years
- children below the age of 28 can be included
What are the investment eligibility criteria?
You must invest the prescribed amounts in the following to qualify for citizenship:
A contribution to the Economic Diversification Fund (EDF)
The following contributions qualify:
- Single Applicant: USD 100,000
- Main Applicant and Spouse: USD 150,000
- Family of four: USD 175,000
- Each additional dependent: USD 25,000
Real Estate Investment
You must invest in government-approved real estate.
- Minimum Investment: USD 200,000
You can sell your real estate after five years and still retain your citizenship.
As of April 2020, the fees are as follows:
- Processing Fee USD 1,000
- Due diligence for main applicant USD 7,500
- Due diligence for spouse USD 4,000
- Qualifying dependent aged 16 years and above USD 4,000
- Passport Application fee per applicant USD 65
- Certificate of Naturalization fee per applicant USD 250
- Expedited passport issue fee, per applicant USD 1,200
Our experienced team of immigration lawyers can assist you in completing the application form and collating and presenting the necessary documents.
For further details about the Commonwealth of Dominica Citizenship by Investment programme, please contact us:
Get in touch today to book your complimentary Wills consultation by clicking here with one of our Wills & Estate Inheritance Lawyers. We are happy to help you.