Antigua & Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda is a favoured tourist destination dubbed as the 'Land of 365 Beaches'. These lush tropical islands are considered among the most beautiful places in the world, and tourism is the dominant source of income, generating about 60% of the Islands' GDP. Investment banking and financial services are other significant sectors. The government seeks to increase inward foreign investment through its Citizenship by Investment program, which has been in place since 2013 making it possible for foreign investors to obtain a second passport easily and quickly.
TWS Legal Consultants’ immigration lawyers, who are registered with the Dubai Legal Affairs Department, can advise and represent you on making an Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment application. We are a fully digital law firm and can organise appointments via video conferencing if you are based abroad.
What are the key benefits of the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Programme?
Advantages of the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment programme include:
- visa-free entry to 165 countries including the Schengen area including UK, Hong Kong, Russia
- stable currency pegged to the US Dollar since 1976
- most cost-effective CBI passports for families with up to four members
- spouse and children below 28 are also eligible for citizenship
- parents over 58 may apply as dependents
- outstanding lifestyle in a safe environment
What are the investment eligibility requirements?
Applicants must fulfil one of the following options:
National Defence Fund contribution
- USD 100,000 contribution – Single applicant or a family of four or less
- USD 125,000 – Family of five or more
You will also need to pay a USD 30,000 processing fee when making your application. USD 15,000 each will be an additional processing fee for a family beyond four.
University Fund Option
Foreigners can qualify for Antigua citizenship by making a USD 150,000 onetime contribution to the University of West Indies fund.
- USD 150,000 for a family of four or more
One member of the family will be entitled to a scholarship for one year (tuition only) at the University of the West Indies campus.
As of April 2020, the Government processing fees are:
- USD 30,000 for a family of four
- USD 15,000 for each additional dependent
Note : Processing Fees will be waived where the family includes six or more members.
Real Estate Investment
You must purchase real estate worth USD 400,000 plus to qualify for Antigua/Barbuda passport. You must hold the real estate for five years, after which you can sell it and retain your citizenship.
Joint real estate investment also possible with each party contributing USD 200,000 or more.
Please note there is an additional USD 30,000 processing fee for real estate and business option.
A direct purchase of an eligible business for a minimum amount of USD 1.5 million satisfies eligibility. Alternatively, a joint purchase where each person contributes at least USD 400,000, totalling a minimum of USD 5 million qualifies.
As of April 2020, the due diligence fees are:
- for the main applicant - USD 7,500
- for a spouse - USD 7,500
- per dependent 12 to 17- USD 2,000
- per dependent 18 and over - USD 4,000
- passport application fee per applicant - USD 300
Our experienced team of immigration lawyers can assist you in completing the application form and collating and presenting the necessary documents.
For further details about the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment programme, please contact us on:
Get in touch today to book your complimentary Wills consultation by clicking here with one of our Wills & Estate Inheritance Lawyers. We are happy to help you.