DIFC Wills Service Centre
After years of observing the pressing need for clarity on the current UAE wills and inheritance legislation, we are pleased to welcome the newly launched regime from the DIFC: The DIFC Wills Service Centre that should provide certainty for non-Muslim expatriates to pass on their Dubai and or Ras Al Khaimah estate in the event of death to their chosen beneficiaries.
1. The DIFC Wills Service Centre marks the introduction of a new set of rules relating to succession and inheritance matters for non-Muslims with assets in Dubai and/or Ras Al Khaimah.
2. The DIFC Wills Service Centre provides a mechanism for non-Muslims with assets in Dubai and/or Ras Al Khaimah to pass on their estates according to their wishes.
3. The rules governing the Wills and Probate Registry complements existing UAE laws on inheritance for non-Muslims, and provides non-Muslims with the option and right to choose the way in which their estates are distributed.
4. The DIFC Wills Service Centre is within the DIFC jurisdiction and will work with the DIFC Courts for the production of grants and court orders for the distribution of assets and guardianship of minor children that are in Dubai and / or Ras Al Khaimah.
5. The DIFC is the first jurisdiction in the MENA region, where non-Muslims can register a will under internationally-recognized common law principles.
6. By creating legal certainty for non-Muslim inheritance, the Wills and Probate Registry will encourage capital investment in Dubai / Ras Al Khaimah and support economic growth.
Due to our expertise and knowledge of wills and inheritance matters in this region, we are pleased to have participated in the working group involved in formulating and contributing to the DIFC Wills Service Centre Rules. TWS has successfully registered a high volume of DIFC Wills to date.
As active members of the working group of the DIFC Wills Service Centre and its rules, please see our recent articles that has been published in The National, 7 Days and The Xpress.
Our Legal Consultants are authorized Will Draftsmen, as per the requirements of the DIFC Wills Service Centre.
To obtain more information about DIFC Wills which can now include RAK assets, please contact one of our experienced Wills & Inheritance lawyers on email@example.com or call +971 4 448 4284.